Friday, April 30, 2010

Spring Cleaning...*Pssh*

Spring cleaning...almost as fun as taxes. The two seem to go hand in hand, except taxes I could easily pass up. Cleaning, on the other hand is right in front of my face day in and day out.

Why am I blogging about this? Because I don't want to do it!!

I remember spring back home in Connecticut. A airy, clean, grass smell flowed through open windows as my mom vacuumed under all the furniture not moved in a year prior to the day. Dad gone at work. Ozzy, Offspring, AC/DC, or Aerosmith playing on our surround sound. The cat asleep on a warm window sill. Me sitting in my messy room. Yup....sure miss those days.

LOL I was like...5...how do I remember all this.

Well It's my turn. I get to move the bed and clean the crumbs and dust that accumulated throughout the winter. I get to scrub the baseboards I've put off for so long. I get to try to reorganize all the random boxes. Oh joy oh joy.

One thing I'm doing different then my mom did when I was 5 is using natural cleaning products. I have a question though...

WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE?

Seriously, even with coupons, sales, and a combination of the two I can't even break even to the same price as the leading chemical ridden cleaner.

So I did some research and of course, I find out I have half the stuff I need sitting in my kitchen. Vinegar. Lemon Juice. Baking Soda. Salt. Essential Oils.

Oh yeah. I washed my counter tops with plain old soap and water. Guess what?

THEY GOT CLEAN.

Just as clean as using chemicals or natural cleaners.

I'd love to share this link with you guys: http://www.ehow.com/how_2279699_clean-natural-products.html

(P.S. Aerosmith, Ozzy, ac/dc....yup I'm still playing them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment