Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rebel: T/L/C's...my wayyyy long overdue RAVE

I hate tinfoil. It's worthless junk. Unless you have a huge wad of it (one requiring it's own room usually) it's not worth anything when you go to recycle it. I hated buying it since the good stuff is roughly $3-$5 a roll and lasts a whopping 3 days. For a while I just stopped buying it, but then I was stuck putting half eaten dinners in the fridge uncovered. Soon I was tossing so much dried out food I had to figure something out. And I did!

Rebel: TLC's. I met the owner Kelli kind of, oddly. I'm a nightowl, as is she, and saw a thread that said "Rebel: TLC's" bumped up in the middle of the night, my prime time for web surfing. Seeing as to my son's name is Rebel I had to take a look.

Made from 100% cotton and food-safe vinyl (back when I met her it was PUL), Kelli had taken a great idea, a hatred for tinfoil and waste, and a sewing machine and created a amazing top/lid/cover (T.L.C!). I LOVED the idea, but short on cash I just subscribed to the thread until I have some money and made a comment about my son's name being Rebel.

Immediately almost I got a comment back about her LOVING the name and asking why I chose it. I told her what I tell everyone else, because I rebelled against everything a teen mom would do, the name was amazing, and it fit my child. After mentioning my eco-friendly habits she immediately professed her love (LOL) and asked if she could gift me a set of TLC's!

So Christmas morning.....umm mail time a few days latter :) I received the most beautiful, amazingly created set of TLC's, with MY SON'S NAME ON THEM:

Photobucket

Tell me these aren't amazing!! I litterally use them EVERY SINGLE DAY! The tiny's are great for Rebel's sippy cups when I can't find the little doohickey the pops in the ring, and the mediums are our go-to cereal bowl covers.

So fast forward to our now amazing friendship and my insane love for Kelli's product. Like if TLC's weren't the greatest thing to go through a sewing machine, recently me and Kelli created another insanely awesome product.

My sister-in-law (whom may kill me for this) wanted a plastic light saber from Walmart. I obliged her being the awesome person I am. Well the stupid thing didn't work....so my sister in law went to take a look and *BLAM* out pops the light saber. Now with a VERY sore eye to say the least she went in the kitchen to get a ice pack. Well we didn't own one. So she grabbed a tiny TLC and filled it with ice and held it to her eye.

*LIGHTBULB*

I almost instantly had to tell Kelli, whom within a few days had a prototype up:

Photobucket

More on the ice packs latter though, once I get my testers!

No comments:

Post a Comment