Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oh Ian :'(

http://iansvoice.org/default.aspx


You have taught me something today. I was sitting on the couch, babbling like a idiot because I'm stressed out over bills. Yup bills.

How stupid of me.


Your mommy has went through SO MUCH more stress then me. And she's not babbling on the couch like a idiot. She's blogging and potentially saving other babies lives.

So Ian, I grabbed my computer and started surfing facebook to try to get my mind off things. A good friend Erin reposted your mommy's blog link from another mommy who had reposted it from someone who reposted it and so on and so forth.

I clicked. Because I wanted something to read.

Maybe I should have waited until I was a little more emotionally stable.

I cried through your whole story. My little boy, sleeping in his pack and play in my bedroom was awoken to mommy hugs and kisses.

I wish with all my heart your mommy could be doing the same.

Ian, you are another example why parents should be educated about vaccines. Rarely does this happen unless there has been a reaction/family history of bad reactions causing the parents to google it. Of course, some parents DO research everything from vaccines to diapers to breast milk/formula.But not that often.

What I see typically is "Doctor knows best". Doctor tells you to vaccinate (or hell, just brings the needles in and does it), you vaccinate. Doctor tells you to use pampers instead of Hughie's, you switch. Doctor tells you to give the baby this medication or these vitamins, you fill the prescription and give it to the child.

All 50 states allow medical exemption to vaccination. All states allow a religious exemption to vaccination except Mississippi and West Virginia. No worries Mississippi and West Virginia. Parents have successfully obtained religious exemptions to vaccination. The constitutional right to have and exercise personal religious beliefs, whether you are of the Christian, Jewish, Muslim or other faith, can be defended. The following 18 states allow exemption to vaccination based on philosophical, personal or conscientiously held beliefs: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin.

Parents, Educate yourself on vaccines. Do it for Ian. Do it for your child. Not all of these vaccines are as safe as they seem. Any vaccine can cause side effects. Like any medicine, a vaccine could cause a serious problem, such as a severe allergic reaction.The CDC has it posted in BIG BOLD letters on their website. Don't let any health care professional tell you otherwise.

Possible Side-effects from Vaccines: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/side-effects.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment